Monday, January 7, 2008

Rest In Peace, Zach

The 17 year old son of a good friend of ours passed away in a tragic car accident this past weekend.

Four Die In Greene County Crash
Friends Remember Young Crash Victims
Zach's Snowboarding Video @ MySpace


Zach was a good kid....a little button pusher at times, said his dad, but a good kid all around. We spent a few hours with his mom and dad at their house yesterday. Such a sad place. Such a senseless thing to happen.
I just couldn't even speak to Jolie. As a mother, I feel her pain, although not as clearly, but I can only imagine what it would be like to lose a child. She was just so sad and every time I would hear her talk or get close to her, I would lose it myself.
Greg was trying to do his best to hold it together but wasn't having much luck. He loved his only boy so much and was so proud of him, as any dad should be.
It was so hard seeing people in that much pain. But they need their friends and family to rally around them and keep them safe and hold them. They still have their little 6 year old Natasha to think of and they need help with, for and because of her.
Although I had never had the chance to see him in action for myself, I hear Zach was a great wakeboarder and snowboarder. He had many, many friends. His cellphone was ringing off the hook. Mainly it was just friends who were calling his cellphone just to hear his voice on the voicemail.
My heart broke every time that cellphone rang.

Please pray for Zach and his family.

-- Zachary Eugene Whittet --

Visitation is Thursday from 6-8 p.m. at Walnut Lawn Funeral Home, 2001 W. Walnut Lawn St.

The funeral is Friday at 10 a.m. at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Catholic Church, 2200 W. Republic Road.

A memorial fund has been established at First Home Savings Bank, 2655 S. Campbell Ave.
Donations go to Camp Re-NEW-All.

No comments: