Sunday, November 18, 2007

Amish Friendship Bread and Uncluttering

Today is a day of uncluttering. I always get this way around holiday time. We never have company over during the holidays because are house is so small, but I still feel like I need to super-clean and declutter the whole house anyway.
As I write this, I am taking a break from an attempt at uncluttering my house. We live in a teeny tiny house and I can never seem to get a hang of the "bring in one item, get rid of two" bit that HGTV preaches.
I haven't got far yet. I've spent most of the morning getting some groceries at WalMart, cleaning out a little of my bedroom and making Amish Cinnamon Friendship Bread. That's the bread that you mix in a ziploc for 10 days and at the end, measure out 4 "starters" to give to friends and make your two loaves of bread with the rest. I sure hope it turns out ok. It certainly smells good. It was a bit of work but hopefully it will be worth it. I'll post an update as soon as I get a taste of it.

UPDATE:The Amish Cinnamon Friendship Bread is soooo good! Way better than I expected. It really was worth 10 days of mushing and mushing. I actually can't wait to make more.

No comments: