Monday, November 5, 2007

It's over.

Halloween and Kasey's birthday were the last things on the list to get done before I need to start gearing up for Thanksgiving and Christmas.
Halloween came and went and I got a little sigh of relief from that but not much because I still had a birthday to get ready for later in the week.
So we celebrated Kaseys birthday today instead of yesterday by taking her out of school early and going to eat at her favorite restaurant with cake and ice cream waiting for us when we got home. As soon as I sliced that last piece of cake, my body literally felt heavy from the burden of getting it all done and over with. Even 15 minutes after loading up on thick, creamy icing from the cake, I was ready for a nap. It was like a huge burden had been lifted off my shoulders and I need to recoup from it all before tackling the next big event. I can't wait to snuggle in my bed tonight and not have to worry if I forgot something or didn't do something.
I think she had a great time this last couple days. Among her other little presents, she FINALLY got the Heelies she'd been wanting so badly. I bought her an off-brand of the Dance, Dance Revolution game at Toys'R'Us and wasn't sure if she'd like it. Boy, was I wrong! She can't get enough of it. Being it's not the real DDR game, it's not as well made and kind of small for her. I'm going to try to get the real thing for her for Christmas if I can. She loves it and I love that she's getting some good exercise from it. I tried it and it even had me huffing and puffing after only one song.
Day 5 of NaBloPoMo and I'm still here. It's not as bad as I thought. The worst of it is trying to remember to post at least once a day. Sometimes I get on the computer and don't even remember that I need to post until I'm about ready to sign off. Anyway, so far, so good. Hopefully I'll have some better things to post about in the coming days. Right now, I'm pooped.

Where's my pillow?

Tomorrow, yawl!

No comments: