For one month in 2006, Evan from Lansing Michigan spent only $30 on food......$1 a day for the entire month of November! And he chronicled the whole thing in his blog.
From his blog:
For the month of November, I’m only spending $30 on food. The only exception will be things that are freely available to the average person (salt taken from restaurants, sauce packets from Taco Bell, free coffee from an office). Buying in advance is fine, but at the end of the month, it all has to add up to $30 or less.
I could never do that.
Evans blog doesn't have any way to go from one post to the next and since everything in a blog is posted in chronological order, you see the latest posts first. So I've compiled all his posts into this one list to make it easier to keep track of where you are and what to read next. Start at the bottom and read up. It's quite fascinating.
- Day 30 - In Conclusion
- Day 29 - The End Is Near
- Day 28 - Adaptation
- Day 27 - Looking Forward
- Day 26 - The End In Sight
- Day 25 - Less Than A Week Left
- Day 24 - More Energy... Sort Of
- Da y 23 - Thanksgiving
- Day 22 - The Benefits Of Dining In
- Day 21 - "Here's What You've Got To Do..."
- Day 20 - Three For A Dollar
- Day 19 - Revelations
- Day 18 - Hotdogs
- Day 17 - We Have An Office Kitchen
- Day 16 - Comfort Food
- Day 14 - The Weighting Game
- Day 13 - Are You Kidding Me?
- Day 12 - Here's What I've Bought So Far
- Day 11- The Dread of Eating
- Day 10 - Thinking About Food
- Day 9 - Beans
- Day 8 - A Strange Sensation
- Day 7 - Desperate Times Lead to Innovation
- Day 6 - Conversations
- Day 5 - I'm Still Eating Rice
- Day 4 - Not All Pots Were Meant To Boil Water
- Day 3 - The Slowdown Begins
- Day 2 - What Can You Eat For A Buck?
- Day 1 - Grab yourself a plate buddy
- So Here’s The Deal…