Saturday, February 9, 2008

Urine Test - Email from Aunt Brenda

I don't know who wrote this and I also don't have a job but I do agree with this 100%. Some sort of alcohol test would be in order too.

Like a lot of folks in this state, I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test with which I have no problem.

What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them?

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet. I do, on the other hand, have a problem with helping someone sitting on their butt, doing drugs, while I work.

Can you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?

Something has to change in this country -- and soon!

Anonymous

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A big part of public assistance is to help take care of the children of low income people. Do you think the children of these people should go without food because their parent couldn't pass a urine test? Should the children lose their medical benefits, and therefore all medical care and attention, because their parent couldn't pass a drug screen?

It benefits society in the long run to see to it that children born into poverty are at the very least fed and given medical care. What kind of a society would we be if we let children regardless of what their parents do, starve or die due to lack of medical attention?